Thursday, October 21, 2010

Whats wrong with me?

Looks like misery needs a company and it simply doesn't want to leave me.
I woke up with slight pain in my abdomen on Sunday.
I didn't pay much notice to it as I though that it was simple bloated stomach problem ,taking poh zi pills and rubbing medical oil would solve the problem.
However the pain persist as the days go by.
Despite feeling uncomfortable in my stomach and limping around with a sprained ankle ,I went ahead with the orientation drive on Wednesday.
There was something wrong with the Jeep as there was a funny noise coming out from the engine whenever I accelerate.
The vehicle commander that was guiding me told me that it was a common so I ignored the problem.
The drama begins when my Jeeps started to slow down until the engine died.
We were stuck in the middle of PIE, hogging the third lane which eventually caused a small congestion.
Despite feeling panicked and disarrayed,I went down and put up the triangular hazard sign while the V com checked the engine compartment .
We tried to crank start the jeep several times but it didn't work out ,we didn't know what was wrong with the jeep.
Soon,the EMAS recovery team came and towed our Jeep to the nearest camp for repair.
The mechanics told us that the tube that connects to the brake oil was missing and we could have got into an accident due to the malfunction of the brake.
My abdominal pain got worse as I skipped lunch that day .
I tired all kinds of medicine due to the malfunction of the brake
Poh Ji Pills,Gatric Pills,Eno,Ingestion pills,etc...
Nothing works!
I even went to see the camp MO but he only gave me some useless adominal Painkillers.
I wasn't able to sleep at all ,I was clutching in pain and finally I decided to see the medic again hoping they would send me to the hospital.
They measured my blood pressure and it was really high- Systolic 150,diastolic 90.
(The normal range: Systolic 120,Diastolic 80.)
My wish was granted and I was sent to CGH at 3am in the morning.
The doctor diagnosed me with Gastroenteritis aka Stomach Flu and gave me a Jab.

Gastroenteritis (also known as gastric flu or stomach flu, although unrelated to influenza) is inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, involving both the stomach
and the small intestine and resulting in acute diarrhea. It can be transferred by contact with contaminated food and water.

I was rather surprised as I had stomach flu two weeks ago when I came back from Taiwan.

How could it recurred again?

Seriously! I am sick of falling sick

Oh..October blues

Go away!