I was planning for my Shanghai Trip.
Time and Freedom was never an issue.
I was sort of looking forward to enlistment then,
Filled with confidence and i believe that I will be able to adapt to the grueling trainings and strict regimentation.
Little do I know, whats in store for me.
On my first day of enlistment ,I did not shred a little tear after I leave my family.
"This is nothing ,I can endure through the confinement week."I thought to myself.
In an brink of an eye,1 week passed by .
I was missing my home,friends and family members like crazy.
I couldn't wait to get out of Tekong as
the regiment lifestyle was driving me nuts.
All the marching commands sounded alien to me.
I should have joined a Uniform Group back in my Secondary School Days
I was really unfortunate to be posted to Cougar Company.
Their planning schedule is loathsome and most of the time, I booked out only on Saturdays.
The weekends were so precious to me.Spending quality time with my family and Ah Ma is my top priority. Occasionally I would met up with my Poly Friends and Buddy.
I became dejected and disoriented.
There wasn't anyone I could turn to
cause none of them were able to relate what I have experienced
I often turn deaf to their advices and encouragements,
Eventually some of the recruits were granted to Down Pes due to their sickness.
I began to admire them and consider them as the lucky ones,
I yearned to be like them and begin to find symptoms of illness in me.
Apparently I also have a lot of friends whom succeeded in getting a down Pes and
I started to heed their advices and assumed that this is the Way of Escape .
I was diagnosed with a lymph node on my neck .
When the posting of my new unit came out,I was stupefy to know that I was posted to the Infamous Guards Unit.
I wonder why SAF did not have an medical record of my Lymph Node.
I regretted as I did not opt to go for command school.
As Guards Training is equivalent to Sispec Training.
Anyway Regret is a absolute waste of time.
I can't change anything of my past.
I decided that I want to be a Fighting Fit Soldier and try my best not to fall sick.
If I have such an attitude in the beginning of my army phrase .
My Life would have been so different.
I do respect my fellow comrades who have a positive mindset about NS.
They don't whine ,fuss or bear grudges against the hardship they went through.
They just simply enjoy the whole process of NS.
I really try hard to be like them and want change my lousy mentality.
I guess I need more time..........